Asus G750JH LCD not working

andreb2019

Honorable
Apr 6, 2013
I recently sent my Asus g750jh in for RMA because the screen wasn't working at all. They quoted me almost $450 to repair it (it was 4 months out of warranty) but when I look online for replacement LCDs for this model I find them new for as low as $68. Now I asked the, for the exact part number and when I searched for that I was in the $200 range. Not sure what to do. I know I could replace it myself if I could get the part. And after their terrible customer service I'd rather not pay them another dime. Any thoughts?

Also in an odd twist the LCD Was working for awhile as long as I had another monitor plugged in to the vga out on the laptop. I took it apart and haven't been able to recreate this but was wondering if it might mean the LCD wasn't actually broken.

Solution
"They quoted me almost $450 to repair"

The part is indeed a lot cheaper than that but you are forgetting about the labour charge for fitting it. Laptop manufacturers labour charges for out-of-warranty repairs are very high indeed, plus they'll add a fair amount more for the actual part than the price you see at independent parts websites.

If it needs repair out-of-warranty you should never let the laptop manufacturer do it. They always charge top whack prices. You could buy a whole new laptop for what they're charging, makes no sense at all.
"They quoted me almost $450 to repair"

The part is indeed a lot cheaper than that but you are forgetting about the labour charge for fitting it. Laptop manufacturers labour charges for out-of-warranty repairs are very high indeed, plus they'll add a fair amount more for the actual part than the price you see at independent parts websites.

If it needs repair out-of-warranty you should never let the laptop manufacturer do it. They always charge top whack prices. You could buy a whole new laptop for what they're charging, makes no sense at all.

Solution