Asus G750JH (NEW LAPTOP) Plugged in , not charging.

Samara200912

Honorable
Jul 12, 2013
Basically I bought this laptop a month ago, and I got this problem Plugged in not charging, and if it charges, it stops at 86%...anyone help please? I tried resetting the bio's and deleting the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method...didn't help as well.

gixer101

Estimable
Nov 14, 2014
I have a ASUS ROG 750 17'' laptop and mine was playing just fine for about 2 months since its purchase. Today i thought of seeing my battery level and it was saying 96% but not charging. I got furious and started googling all of this, but nothing helped. This is what i did. C-PROGRAM FILES-ASUS-PG4-CLICK ALL ASUS EXECUTABLE FILES AND FINALLY CLICK POWER GEAR . Change it to High Performance and viola, it charges again.
I do recommend taking out the battery and then cleaning it first. Then trying this method.
IT HAS A MIND OF ITS OWN, and it will work again on its own if this doesnt work. But please try this first.
But at the end, love god and pray. Mine's working perfectly fine and i absolutely love this machine.
**I USED TO KEEP MY LAPTOP PLUGGED IN 24/7, DONT DO IT. IT IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM**
Good Luck.

sltech17

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014
I have an ASUS X452C which I bought last July 2014. I encountered a problem in charging the battery. I noticed that the battery charge percentage is not increasing even if I got it plugged in. Even if I turn off my laptop and let it charge for 30 minutes and then turn it on, the percentage of the battery does not increase.

I tried checking if there is a problem with my charger but my laptop seems to work fine when it is plugged.

Since it is under warranty I immediately went back to the store where I purchased it. They had a spare laptop that time with the same model as mine and they tried putting my battery in the spare laptop's. It did not charge as well. So their diagnostic was a faulty battery. They had the battery replaced by ASUS since it is still under warranty.

I got the new battery after a week or 2 but it still did not charge. I got it replaced again. I just got it now and it seems that I'm still encountering the same problem. They no longer have a spare laptop to test the battery this time.

I'm currently trying what gixer101 has mentioned. I hope it works. If not, I may need to bring my laptop to get it checked. I'm hesitant to do it so because I need my laptop.

Abraham JM

Estimable
Mar 28, 2015

Joshgreen333

Estimable
Jul 18, 2015

Asus Laptops are designed to protect your battery, if you leave your laptop plugged in ll the time your battery builds up stress, so what Asus laptops do is; they stops charging the battery and starts using some of stored power to release the stress within the battery so it wont damage it. Once a battery is damaged it wont hold charge like it used to. Your battery will charge to 100% again, as soon as no stress in it.

Oct 17, 2018
Had a similar problem with my Asus Flipbook, wouldn't charge beyond 60%, said it was plugged in not charging.
Click the upright battery icon in the system tray in the bottom-right, or search for “Battery Health Charging” in the taskbar in the bottom-left.
Click the profile you want to use in the window that pops up.
Click the OK button in the bottom-right.

JoyND73

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
Did anyone resolve this problem, and if so how?

From what I've been reading many people (Including myself) have this issue so would be good to see a fix for it.