Asus g751jl Battery Not detected

Jamie S

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015
I was having the same issue everyone seems to have with the Asus laptop with the plugged in/not charging. I thought I solved it by getting a new battery. The new battery worked for two months and now it says that my battery is not detected. Considering I have to take apart the entire computer to reach the battery, does someone know how to see if the computer can detect the battery without removal? I tried the battery "fix" that doesn't fix anything (Device Manager/battery/uninstall/search). The device manager shows, after removal and search for new, that the battery is there. This is very frustrating and I need to have a working battery for times when the power goes out unexpectedly.

Solution
Well personally i think the battery is dud. They are produced to nothing like the standards of the real article. I have had a couple of lappy batteries myself that have gone this same way, but as i was determined not to pay the extortionate price that Toshiba wanted for an original battery, i bought another from a very reputable company and it has been perfect - except for the fact the battery will tell me a percentage left, but not how long in time. This is sometimes due to a lack of a smart chip, or info chip. But it does work very well and i did save money still.
Contact Asus (not renowned for their good customer service every time) and see if they can help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

The battery fix method...

Jamie S

Estimable
Aug 22, 2015

It was plugged in the entire time. Power went out twice and battery worked fine. The battery matches the one I took out of the machine, word for word, number for number, but not purchased through Asus because Asus doesn't sell internal batteries for its own products. (Naturally, the warranty was up for one month when the first battery went through the plugged in/not charging > dead routine.) Is there anything I can do with the detection software? Put the old battery back in and pray? Give up? Contact Asus and harangue them?

Well personally i think the battery is dud. They are produced to nothing like the standards of the real article. I have had a couple of lappy batteries myself that have gone this same way, but as i was determined not to pay the extortionate price that Toshiba wanted for an original battery, i bought another from a very reputable company and it has been perfect - except for the fact the battery will tell me a percentage left, but not how long in time. This is sometimes due to a lack of a smart chip, or info chip. But it does work very well and i did save money still.
Contact Asus (not renowned for their good customer service every time) and see if they can help you, or at least point you in the right direction.

The battery fix method you described is what i would have suggested.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS