ASUS g752 has purple screen w/ghosting

Jul 14, 2018
The Problem:
I'm having the same problem - g752, started at about 1.6yrs after purchase; monitor has a purple tint and is 'ghosting'. This began as an occasional glitch but has progressed to a continuous problem.

What I've tried:
I've cleaned and reseated the ribbon cable (mobo/gpu side) as well as updated the drivers without success. Picture and performance are normal when using the HDMI out.

Background information:
This laptop is used daily. It has also travelled the world - though ALWAYS on my carry-on and with a lot of care. Not sure if coincidental or not, but this when from a 'less than 1% of the time' problem to a '100% of time problem' after my last international trip, however no significant things happened to it.

What are the thoughts on this?

Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.