asus g752vs vs asus gl702vs

ahmad93

Estimable
Feb 27, 2015
Hi guys, I am planning to buy a gaming laptop with GTX10 series GPU. I am planning to buy Asus laptop. I cannot decide which one to choose ASUS G752VS-RB71 17.3" G-Sync Full HD ROG Laptop w / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 (Skylake) or ASUS ROG STRIX GL702VS-RS71 17.3" 120Hz G-Sync Full HD Gaming Laptop w / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 (Kabylake). Does anyone of you have been using one of these particular laptops? Can you please share the experience in gaming performance and number of FPS!
Also , which one is better with overclocking and cooling system ? is there a big difference between 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS-Level (G-Sync) and 17.3" 120Hz Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS-Level (G-Sync) ?

The two laptops I am looking at are:
1)http://www.excaliberpc.com/647416/asus-g752vs-rb71-17.3-g-sync-full.html for 1599
2)http://www.excaliberpc.com/654257/asus-rog-strix-gl702vs-rs71-17.3.html for 1699

and of course i will buy a SSD so don't worry.

Solution
I have the 752, so I can give you a bit of insight. Firstly toss off any thoughts of CPU overclocking, it is not supported on this model. Besides it's been shown to yield no tangible benefits on the model that does. Also, GPU overclocking is supported but the razor thin one you get from the factory is rarely of any good. Secondly, get the SSD and do a fresh windows install. The stock ASUS install is a mess and I suspect will be on the 702 as well. Thirdly, Gsync is awesome and the screen is pretty OK. For an IPS the gamut seems a bit narrow but with a display profile loaded it looks pretty good. Fourth and sort of final, the RAM is single channel, DON'T FREEK OUT! RAM speed is of negligible concern while gaming, and the benches seem to...

CelicaGT

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
I have the 752, so I can give you a bit of insight. Firstly toss off any thoughts of CPU overclocking, it is not supported on this model. Besides it's been shown to yield no tangible benefits on the model that does. Also, GPU overclocking is supported but the razor thin one you get from the factory is rarely of any good. Secondly, get the SSD and do a fresh windows install. The stock ASUS install is a mess and I suspect will be on the 702 as well. Thirdly, Gsync is awesome and the screen is pretty OK. For an IPS the gamut seems a bit narrow but with a display profile loaded it looks pretty good. Fourth and sort of final, the RAM is single channel, DON'T FREEK OUT! RAM speed is of negligible concern while gaming, and the benches seem to back this up.

As for the machine in general, well it is huge, keyboard is good and comes with 5 macro keys although there is a flexy spot just right of WASD. The trackpad is sublime, make sure to use the precision trackpad driver. USB ports are in the most ridiculous place possible, they interfere with mousing on the RH side, likewise on the left if you are a southpaw. The speakers are meh, tuned em up with the sound manager bit still meh. Keyboard backlighting is nice and understated, but no RGB if that is your thing.

As for the 702 I can't add much, except say that I ruled it out of my choices based on the lack of Gsync, some reported battery and QC issues, as well as the lack of macro keys which for me was a need not a want.

(edit: spelling and clarity)

Solution

CrazyElemen7

Estimable
Sep 16, 2014
But 702VS have G-sync , in fact it have 120 hz G-Sync I dont know how much Hz is the 752VS panel. The only thing that 752VS have better is the battery its bigger + 2 slots for M2 SSD + 4 slots for RAM (total of 64 GB). Where none of those actually make any changes in gaming , since I will never upgrade it even to 32 GB RAM(cause I dont need it) , A little more battery life - will never used also. Dont actually need 2 M2 SSD slots , cause I can easly just install some 512 gb ssd which is enough. But however it uses the old version of the i7 processor. Thats why I really cant understand why it cost like 300 euro more ...