ASUS GL553VE vs GL553VW vs FX553VD vs GL502VS

NicroCide

Prominent
Feb 20, 2017
Hi, I am in the marked for a new gamer laptop. I curently have a Asus Gl553VW-DM129T but I am about to return it due to poor performance.

Can anyone answer me what the difference is between the ASUS model names ?
I found that GL553VW is Asus newest model, And the VW has red ASDW buttons vs VD has black ASDW buttons, Allso VD has a screen with 200cd/m² image clearness and VW has 300cd/m², (i dont know what is best). Allso i found that 5-series is 15,6 inch monitors and 7-series are 17 inches.

But what are the difference between GL, and FX, and VS vs VD and VW and so on - all the model numbers ? i know that hardware can be different, but hardware is indicated whith the last numbers Ex. DM129T in my case.....

Solution
The cm2 is how bright the screen is. This is important if you plan on using this on the move. I would say that the 300 one is better so that you can combat glare from the sun if you are near a window. The gl series are normally for gamers that need the portability. I think the F series is more a multimedia laptops. I don't know about the vw, vd and vs models.
The cm2 is how bright the screen is. This is important if you plan on using this on the move. I would say that the 300 one is better so that you can combat glare from the sun if you are near a window. The gl series are normally for gamers that need the portability. I think the F series is more a multimedia laptops. I don't know about the vw, vd and vs models.

Solution