Asus K53SV notebook Registry and Stability Issues

Arveleg

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
Hi,
My Asus K53SV notebook is acting slow after a reformat, I downloaded what drivers I needed from the Asus driver page, but I seem to have Registry Issues, Start-up issues, and PC stabily issues. I used "Advanced Diagnosis" from Advanced System Care and it detected all of these issues, but I don't know how to fix them? Can someone please help me fix these issues?

Stability Issues Detected are: Windows Search Service, ESENT, .Net Runtime Optimization Service, and VSS
As for the Registry issues I'm trying to find a way to copy them all down because the program won't do it. And I was hoping someone could explain please what to have running for my startup?

ratedk

Distinguished
May I ask why you needed to reformat/reload windows in the first place?

Advanced System Care sounds like some kind of registry optimizer - in my experience the only thing these programs do is optimize money out of your wallet and into the hands of thieves. If the program is asking you to pay to fix the issues it finds, uninstall it immediately. Doing so my solve all the problems.

Arveleg

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thanks, for the response!

So you think there's no real problem? I reformatted my pc because it seemed a little slow and it felt like it could use a wipe.

ratedk

Distinguished
If your still experiencing problems after removal, download a HDD utility from who ever manufactures your hard drive and run a SMART Test. Some of those problems could be valid and all of them would be symptoms of a failing Hard Drive... If it passes the test, and your still running slow, check your startup programs and use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to run a full scan in safe mode.

If you need more details, just ask :)

Arveleg

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013

Thank you for the advice, I will try it. :D