Asus K555U laptop won't turn on. ( No lights , doesn't charge, non removable battery )

wishuponacrane

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
I have an Asus k555u laptop that I got roughly a year ago.

Something went wrong with it and it won't turn on, lights are out and it shows no signs of it charging.
I sent it to a technician and they seemed to have fixed it, but the following morning, its doing the same thing again.

I searched all the troubleshooting I can find. I held down the power button for 30 seconds and even a full 5 minutes.

Also I can't exactly send remove the battery because the battery is inside the laptop and I'm afraid of dismantling it.

I'm afraid I'd waste money again if I send it to the technician again because the laptop's first visit to them didn't really fix my problem

wishuponacrane

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

Yes, I am using the original charger. And yeah, I did give it back to the technicians. I haven't recieved any word from them, but may I ask what would I need to do if theres an issue with the mainboard / charging jack? Forgive me I don't know much about computer hardwares.

A new charging jack can be soldered on and might cost about $60-120

A motherboard is essentially going to cost the same as a new laptop.

wishuponacrane

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

wishuponacrane

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

I got my laptop back and funny thing is... when they tried to turn it on.
It...turned on...like there was no problem to it....

Although, I'd like to add that, when I got the laptop back, it's battery was at 0%
The last time I used my laptop before it started doing the thing, it was charged to 88% and I used it on it's battery until it fell halfway.

Right now, as I'm using it ( and I'm backing up my files as we speak ) it's charging normally.

I'm not sure what it means or if its normal for a battery to do that after not being used for a couple of days, but I just wanted to add that.