asus k56cm won't boot after changing boot order?

mtrcross07

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015
Worst thing i ever did was change the boot order in the bios on my asus k56cm.

So I wanted to dual boot Ubuntu with windows 8 and i got ubuntu working fine and partitioned the drive fine, but i installed a graphics card update on ubuntu which messed up my login screen so i couldn't login to ubuntu, i tried to boot into windows and re install ubuntu.

I partitioned the drive again and went into my bios and changed the boot order to "my usb stick" but i saved and restarted then realised my USB stick wasn't in the computer, so after that my laptop just boots to a black screen showing nothing, fans are idling and led lights are on.

I'm not sure if i have warranty on it and i'm not sure if this is worth even fixing.

Is there any way to fix the stupid mistake i made without sending it back to asus?

Any suggestions or help is utmost appreciated :)

Hi,

The best way to reset BIOS settings is to remove the CMOS battery out from the laptop for couple of seconds then put it back in. That should reset BIOS to default, see if that will do the trick. Then proceed with the installation of Ubuntu once back on Windows. If this doesn't work do a hard reset first, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.

mtrcross07

Estimable
Oct 3, 2015

I pulled the whole Mainboard out and tried to find the battery, it was underneath and it was black with 2 wires, I pulled it out and left it for 5 minutes, came back and put everything back together.
Still nothing :( my mate also told me to try and reset the ram, and hold the power button down as you suggested and still nothing!

I even pulled the HDD out and same as before, nothing :(

just black screen like it's dead.
I didn't realise changing my boot order settings would completely destroy my laptop! Any suggestions mate?

fmilani

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016

I'm having the same problem here! Did you have any luck?

TRENDING THREADS