Asus laptop: delete key - reconfigure?

ian graham

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
I've been invited to edit, simplify my questions, and possibly give more detail.

I think my original post is pretty clear, and gives sufficient detail ! Maybe it actually needs to be more generic:

<how do you re-assign a key on your keyboard in Win 10 ?>

Original post:

I'm new on an Asus X550C, running Win 10, which which I'm generally very pleased.

One oddity which I'm already finding irritating, however, is the delete key. (It's bottom right, with only <enter> outside it - but it's not the position that's the problem).
I've been used on many computers to a single function delete key. In this case, it's a dual function key, with a full stop. Now, the full stop is above the word 'delete', so one would assume that a fullstop is actually <shift><delete>. But in fact it's working the other way round - you need the shift to get delete function - otherwise you're just entering dots.

Can anyone give me an idiot's guide how to reverse these functions, please?

Many thanks

Ian G
Wales UK

ian graham

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
If the Number Lock is ON, Delete IS Delete. Hallelujah ! Apparently the dot may be a decimal point. Quite how it's disppearance when the number lock is on contributes to the happiness of humankind is a question for another day.

Ian G,