Asus laptop for college?

Spendy

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
Hi,

I need a laptop for college and I am thinking about getting this laptop from asus https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N76VJ/ But I am wondering if Asus are a reliable make for laptops. I bought a tablet from them the Asus transformer tf300t and I had to RMA twice in a 8 month period. The tablet made me a bit sceptical about getting a laptop from them but I suppose its a different product from them. But yeah if anyone has a laptop from them are they reliable and good quality?

Thanks =)

Spendy

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012

Would you have a recommendations? my price limit is 850 and I want it to have a dedicated graphics chip for gaming.

Thanks,

Spendy

Hi :)

My advice is ACER ..PARTS are easy to get in the future....

Avoid Lenovo... parts problems again , and APPALLING customer service, according to my customers...

All the best Brett :)

Spendy

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012

Im in Ireland so its 850-900€ (1150$) max budget so I dont know what the best laptop is I could buy for that =/

Electricshock

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Try asus G series for pro gaming and N series for gaming and daily use...and as well the N6 series is a very good option for watching videos and it comes with bang&olufsen speakers and subwoofer

At US$850 you can probably only buy in to a laptop with a bottom end graphics card - GT640 at best. You need to search local outlets and have a look at benchmarking websites to compares what you get for how much.
For gaming a dual core processor is probably OK. But for video editing a quad core is much better.

Tablets are a completely different proposition to laptops. Asus laptops are about the best, quality-wise, that you can buy. MSI are also good - especially if you're looking at gaming on them. But you have to pay big bucks for a good one. PC's are a bit better when it comes to bang for buck.