Solved! Asus laptop power problem

Oct 15, 2018
Asus x555d laptop was working fine a few days ago. Plugged it in for about an hour today and everything was powered off but appeared to be taking a charge indicated by orange led light. Removed it from power supply and pressed power button. Black screen and nothing getting any power. Only thing lit up is first white led light indicating it's on. Tried resetting but as soon as I take my finger off the power button only that white led indicating power comes back on and won't turn off. Tried plugging back in ac adapter and does not show orange led indicating charging anymore....
Removed battery and still nothing works. Can get orange led charging light on when using ac adapter and battery out, but still nothing getting any power. Wasn't dropped or had any moisture on it. Noticed the light on the power button wasn't coming on when I tried turning it on after unplugging it so I knew something was wrong right away. The only signs of life are the first two LEDs on the front of the computer. Adapter seems fine, but only works with no battery. Battery still had good life left in it. Damn.
What should I try next?

Solution
Guessing this is out of warranty already, remove the RAM, hard drive, CMOS battery and main battery. With no power plugged, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only, see if the system turns on, or at least gives you error beeps or error blink lights. If not, it's likely a dead motherboard. If it complains about missing RAM, etc.. plug everything back and see if it turns on.
Guessing this is out of warranty already, remove the RAM, hard drive, CMOS battery and main battery. With no power plugged, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds. Plug in wall power only, see if the system turns on, or at least gives you error beeps or error blink lights. If not, it's likely a dead motherboard. If it complains about missing RAM, etc.. plug everything back and see if it turns on.

Solution
Oct 15, 2018
I left the battery out and unplugged overnight. Started up just on wall adapter this morning no issues. Turned it off and came thing as yesterday.
Did power reset and it works again. Will work on just battery power as well. Still have it running now. Will mess with it soon to see if still happens, but what part would be causing this?

Failing motherboard.