Asus laptop randomly shuts off

Baogao

Estimable
Dec 16, 2014
I purchased a new laptop about 2 and a half months ago and I noticed after the first few weeks that it randomly shuts off. I mainly play League of Legends on it and it's plugged in most of the time. When the laptop shuts off, it does it without warning and at completely random times. My laptop doesn't even overheat because it usually happens within the first few hours of me using it. I might go to Best Buy to let Geek Squad check it out but I'm asking here first to see if I can fix it without a fee.

SoundOfMind

Estimable
Dec 17, 2014
Bought my daughter a K55a - 15.6" screen, i5 with 6GB Ram about a year and a half ago. Within two months it starts shutting down randomly whether on battery or AC. Sent it in, and from what I can tell, they replaced the motherboard. In two weeks, it starts failing again. Send it back in for another motherboard. Now it's happening AGAIN and is out of warranty. Never EVER will I buy another Asus product!

chrisdmonk56

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
I have had similar issues with an almost new Asus E402SA laptop running Windows 10. Kept shutting down randomly, on the odd occasion the sreen would become corrupted, or it would freeze, and yet sometimes it was fine for hours. I tried several things, changed BIOS graphic settings, turned off all background tasks, reduced start-up tasks to a minimum etc, but still the shutdown problem persisted. Windows 10 Update had updated a load of device drivers for me but that didn't change anything. I then checked all the main component drivers in device manager manually and all drivers seemed ok. But still the proble occurred, very frustrating. Then I discovered somewhere else on this board that System Device drivers may not get updated by Windows Update and I had not checked those at first as there were many of them and I thought they would be basic drivers which would be fine. However, I checked all these manually and found that the ASUS Wireless Radio Control Driver had an updated driver - v1.0.0.8 dated 24/10/2017. I updated this driver and re-booted, and hey presto! No problems so far! However, I will monitor over the next few days and will confirm if this has fixed the problem. But worth checking this driver in your Asus laptop. Fingers crossed, as this has been a right pain for months!

Jul 24, 2018

Solution:- 1. GO TO THE DEVICE MANAGER.

2. CLICK ON SYSTEM DEVICE.

3. CLICK ON INTEL MANAGEMENT ENGINE.

4. GO TO THE POWER MANAGEMENT.

5. UN-CHECK THE :- allow this computer to shutdown this device to save power.

6. CLICK OKAY.

AND NOW UR GOOD TO GO.

IF THE PROBLEM STILL REMAIN GO TO THE SERVICE CENTER OF ASUS AND REPLACE UR MOTHER BOARD OR BATTERY IF UR PRODUCT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY BUT 1ST FOLLOW THOSE ABOVE STEPS.

IF UR DEVICE IS TOO OLD THE MAY BE ITS HAPPENING DUE TO HEAT OR DUST CLEAN IT.

I HOPE THAT IT WILL WORK FOR U AND ALL THOSE ASUS USER OUT THERE WHO R FACING THIS RANDOM SHUTDOWN PROBLEM.

GOOD LUCK.

TRENDING THREADS