ASUS laptop randomly shutting down + Backup

the_chemist

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Hi.

My ASUS N56V that I bought about half an year ago keeps randomly shutting down. So I'm going to take it to the service center. So I was going to backup my windows and I want to preserve all the programs I installed, as well as my files, and I think I need a system image right? But if the problem is a windows issue, rather than hardware, will restoring bring back the problem (randomly shutting down)?

Sorry for the (moderately) long post.

Solution
Anti-viruses don't always pick up viruses. I had one imbedded into my OS and never could remove it without screwing around with stuff. The backup is something that you do before hand so that you are able to revert back to it in the event something like this happens. I am at a loss of what could cause this so I am sorry.

the_chemist

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Nothing at all, just the ordinary boot up sequence, like nothing happened at all. Power completely fine (charger connected at all times), haven't touched the BIOS/tried resetting to default as well, scanned with AVAST several times (full system scan and boot scan) and with Malwarebytes, so probably not a virus either.

I'm going to the service center as a last resort and since they suggest backing up my computer. So what backup do I use? Just the normal backup? the system image backup? Some other thing using third-party?

RaccoonPete

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
Anti-viruses don't always pick up viruses. I had one imbedded into my OS and never could remove it without screwing around with stuff. The backup is something that you do before hand so that you are able to revert back to it in the event something like this happens. I am at a loss of what could cause this so I am sorry.

Solution

the_chemist

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Guys, thanks for all the replies, but I'm not looking for how to solve the issue. I'm simply asking whether restoring from a backup will bring back the issue if it's a software issue. For example, if ASUS reinstalls the windows on my PC and I restore from backup, will this problem recur?

RaccoonPete

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013

Did you have a original backup? In order to restore your computer you need to have a backup which I said earlier. If you are just now backing it up then yeah the problem will occur as you are backing up and reverting to the same thing you have now.

TRENDING THREADS