ASUS Laptop Touchpad/Mouse buttons issue

Kaarto

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I have just bought an Asus laptop. It has the left and right mouse buttons inbuilt into the trackpad, instead of separate as I am used to. I rest my left hand on the left click, but I can no longer do that as it messes with the cursor. This means I have to use the laptop one handed, which is very uncomfortable and counter productive.

I'm looking to re-assign the touch pad area so it doesn't include the area where the mouse buttons are. This would essentially be a dead zone that no longer affects the cursor, but I can still click. I have seen that this can be achieved using Synaptics clickpad drivers on a Lenovo laptop, but I have no idea how to do this (or something similiar to solve my issue) on an Asus.

Thanks for any help. I am running Windows 10.

hst101rox

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah, that is the trend these days and I don't like it either. I have a 2009 G50VT Asus gaming laptop, has separate buttons so the whole trackpad does not click down when I click. It's not gaytimes for me to use a newer laptop with integrated buttons. Check it out, if it's a Synaptics touchpad, probably has the same or better/more features (if newer) in the driver.

Kaarto

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

All I can find in terms of programs for mouse options is Asus Smart Gesture, which just offers generic option like turning off pinch gestures rather than what I'm looking for.