ASUS Laptop Touchpad/Mouse buttons issue

Kaarto

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014
I have just bought an Asus laptop. It has the left and right mouse buttons inbuilt into the trackpad, instead of separate as I am used to. I rest my left hand on the left click, but I can no longer do that as it messes with the cursor. This means I have to use the laptop one handed, which is very uncomfortable and counter productive.

I'm looking to re-assign the touch pad area so it doesn't include the area where the mouse buttons are. This would essentially be a dead zone that no longer affects the cursor, but I can still click. I have seen that this can be achieved using Synaptics clickpad drivers on a Lenovo laptop, but I have no idea how to do this (or something similiar to solve my issue) on an Asus.

Thanks for any help. I am running Windows 10.

hst101rox

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah, that is the trend these days and I don't like it either. I have a 2009 G50VT Asus gaming laptop, has separate buttons so the whole trackpad does not click down when I click. It's not gaytimes for me to use a newer laptop with integrated buttons. Check it out, if it's a Synaptics touchpad, probably has the same or better/more features (if newer) in the driver.

Kaarto

Estimable
Dec 2, 2014

All I can find in terms of programs for mouse options is Asus Smart Gesture, which just offers generic option like turning off pinch gestures rather than what I'm looking for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 1
4 Laptop Tech Support 5
F Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 4
T Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 5
M Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 1