ASUS laptop will not allow me to log in when I do not have internet access

tammygotts

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
ASUS laptop will not accept my password to access the laptop when I am not on the internet. It gives a message instructing me to provide the last password I used. However, I only have one password and when I enter it, I receive a message telling me to enter the last password I used. How do I change this so I can access ad use the laptop even when not on the internet?

Solution
Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power icon > Restart. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, select F5 for Safe Mode with Networking. Try and sign in again.

Next option is...
Go back to the Recovery Mode and choose Recovery Mode -- Choose a recovery date (this will remove any installed programs and settings from after the recovery date but keep your personal files)

Let me know if that works!

googlyeyedchicken

Prominent
Sep 15, 2017
Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select Power icon > Restart. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, select F5 for Safe Mode with Networking. Try and sign in again.

Next option is...
Go back to the Recovery Mode and choose Recovery Mode -- Choose a recovery date (this will remove any installed programs and settings from after the recovery date but keep your personal files)

Let me know if that works!

Solution