Solved! ASUS laptop won't boot up after full reset

Jul 2, 2021
I have a ASUS 2-in-1 Laptop/Tablet that I want to give to my cousin. So I decided to do a reset of the PC to remove all my files and downloaded software. Then I would help her set it back up as a fresh PC. I ran the reset and, although it took a while, it seemed to complete fine. But when it did its final reboot, it gets stuck in a loop. The laptop turns on and the ASUS logo appears. Then a circle of dots appears showing its loading. Then the screen shuts off and the process repeats itself. Logo, loading circle, then off. Over and over. I've looked up help and all I can really find involves safe mode and advanced settings. But I can't get to those things.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I'm hoping to get this resolved ASAP.

Let me know if any additional info of the issue is required.

Solution
Could be a hardware issue but it likely is SW. Run the MS Media Creation Tool at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and do a complete (clean) reinstall. That will remove all programs and data from your machine and install a fresh version of Windows 10. Take a minute to install all the Windows updates and any ASUS tools you might want to keep on the laptop. Good to also verify that the BIOS firmware is up to date.
Could be a hardware issue but it likely is SW. Run the MS Media Creation Tool at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and do a complete (clean) reinstall. That will remove all programs and data from your machine and install a fresh version of Windows 10. Take a minute to install all the Windows updates and any ASUS tools you might want to keep on the laptop. Good to also verify that the BIOS firmware is up to date.

Solution
Jul 2, 2021
I'm guessing it is hardware. But I don't get why it would suddenly happen. Everything was fine then this.

As for the media creation tool. I'm unable to get past the initial logo screen at startup. So I can't do anything till I get past that.

The reason I"m guessing it's SW is because you execute quite a bit before having an issue. You need to use another machine to make the USB boot drive. This is an option offered by the media creation tool. Hopefully, you can boot from a USB. You may need to change some BIOS settings to do this (including turning off secure boot maybe.