Asus May Reveal Transformer Prime Mini at CES 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
Ah I love the smell of technology news in the morning.

Still, Hasbro should instantly drop the "Customer confusion" thing right now, kid's aren't going to run into K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Big-W or Target and find one of these and somehow confuse it for a red and blue toy that transforms.

Seriously.. Who could possibly confuse it? Unless Hasbro underestimates a child's intelligence for noticing differences in colour and shape (A square/rectangle with a screen vs a figurine they are familiar with).

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Oh Noes! Let's hope Mini (Car Company) doesn't sue for infringement as well! Wouldn't want people confusing cars with tablets.

DOH I always get mixed up on my british cars and my taiwanese tablets. when will i ever learn!!!!

Grow up hasbro!

papaswedine

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I'm pretty sure it's not about visually/physically confusing the two.. they just feel that Asus is making more money b/c of the awesome name they used :p

What about the "transformers" I use to convert the 100v JP power in my house to U.S. standard?

G

Hasbro Transformers (plural) = movies, cartoons and toy cars that turn into toy robots.
Asus Transformer (singular) = a tablet that transforms into a netbook.

Where is the infringement?!??!?

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
WTH? a 7" Eee Pad and they can't even send out the 10.1" I have one on back order since 11-25-11 Asus is pissing me off!

kin3000

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Why would they use Prime for both the regular and mini version? It would make more sense if they used another transformer name. I mean it makes sense for the bigger version to keep the Prime name, because Optimus Prime is the biggest transformer, but the smaller one should be another transformer name.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I actually had the idea for a phone that docks into a dumb screen to create a tablet a long time ago - wish I had pattened it.

But I will definitely be looking out for that 7". I almost bought a Galaxy Tab 8.9 the other day because the size was perfect for me - but with no HDMI out and no Card Reader for added storage, I just couldn't do it. HDMI I could live without, but I want the card slot.

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
[citation][nom]choji7[/nom]Was anyone else excited when the read the title and thought it would've been about transformer toys?[/citation]
No, and anyone that says yes to your question I would say lives in a white padded room.

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
The phase "Transformer Prime" is a play off of the Transformer named Optimus Prime but does it confuse me with the action figure toys? The answer is hell no. Can you patten the word transformer, no. Can you patten the word Prime, no. But when you put them together "Transformer Prime" then maybe you can! The next question did this play on words hurt Hasbro, no way. I don't think anyone bought the action figure Transformer and took it back because they really wanted the Transformer tablet, come on Hasbro don't be a hasbeen!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
Ok so if hasbro wanted to market a tablet or have somebody else use their name it wouldn't cause confusion. Think about it people.

I don't agree with most lawsuits, but asus had this coming to them. Transfomer and (any word) or vise versa would've been fine, but with transformer prime you can see clearly their trying to make a play on using the name. Unless you're just an asus fanboy and think they do no wrong (o I do really like asus, but I'm not a naive little child either).

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'm sorry, but the name "Transformer Prime" is intended to make bank by catching your eye in its similarity to Transformer Optimus Prime. It's just too obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.