Asus N551 JK touchpad problem

dandoro

Estimable
Jan 16, 2015
I have a brand new Asus N551, but it comes with a problem - the touchpad is wobbly, flimsy, moving from right to left around 1mm. So, the touchpad moves from left to right or vicersa when I swipe it. The free movement is not big, around 1mm, but it's not normal. Can I fix it by myself? How?

Solution
Despite what we think as normal or not it is really up to you, the end user, the one whose experience is either good or bad.
Personally I wouldn't feel good with a touchpad moving from side to side, and no matter what excuse may a retailer might come up with for not replacing it, it is a obligation to my self-respect to let the company know that I am not feeling good with it.
Just because you are a consumer does not mean you are small. Trust your judgement more and do complain because this is what most companies rely on. That you might not go into trouble for such a little thing. However you paid every penny for it, haven't you?

tman1

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
If you were confident that you can take it apart and successfully reassemble it, then sure. But because you bothered to ask, I would say no.
Take it to a professional or back to where you bought it.

harriswho

Estimable
Apr 9, 2015
Despite what we think as normal or not it is really up to you, the end user, the one whose experience is either good or bad.
Personally I wouldn't feel good with a touchpad moving from side to side, and no matter what excuse may a retailer might come up with for not replacing it, it is a obligation to my self-respect to let the company know that I am not feeling good with it.
Just because you are a consumer does not mean you are small. Trust your judgement more and do complain because this is what most companies rely on. That you might not go into trouble for such a little thing. However you paid every penny for it, haven't you?

Solution