Asus N55SL with Nvidia 635m - This graphics driver could not find compatible gra

Mach5ive

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
Hello there,
I've recently reformatted my Laptop to Windows 8 and had this problem where I could not install the Nvidia Optimus to get my Nvidia card working.
Asus said to change to Windows 7 because it doesn't work yet.
So I have reformatted to Windows 7 now.

uk.asus.com/Notebooks/Multimedia_Entertainment/N55SL/
I've installed the Chipset - the Intel VGA driver. But still when trying to install the NVidia driver I get:
"NVIDIA Installer cannot continue
This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."
There is nothing in Device manager for Nvidia. Does anyone knows a way I can get it to show up or Install this driver?
And ideally have just the Nvidia card running all the time.

Bollokov

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
I have the same laptop myself and ran into this issue.
The solution is a bit annoying but it's solid and handles future driver updates perfectly.

What i had to do to get everything properly shiny again was, this. (I know it seems a bit long but it worked perfectly and I've not had that problem again)

First make sure you have drivers for both cards downloaded and ready to go also get a directx updateeither the webupdate or the redist which you can find on most new game discs.
Run the nvidia installer so that it can extract everything to it's C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\ folder.

Open the device manager - goto display adapters, right click on the intel device and select remove. then check the lttle box that says "delete driver files".

Reboot in safe mode and do it again for both display devices (dont forget to tick the "delete driver files
box")

Finally reboot with your internet disconnected.
go into the C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\ directory and locate your drivers install program. it should run and install your drivers, then install your intel drivers, and finallydirectx.

if the nvidia drivers still refuse to install, open the device manager find your display devices, check the device details for the hardware id PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1247&SUBSYS_212B1043&REV_A1
Thats your nvidia card.

Go to the driver tab hit update driver, then "browse my comnputer for driver software" and browse to the C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver folder keep browsing till you find the next folder called display driver it should be something like C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\310.70\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\Display.Driver (this will change depending on your driver version) This folder will have the necessary files in it.

Once windows has finishedinstalling the drivers, reboot, run the nvidia installer again to install physx, hdmi, 3dvision etcetera.
then reboot one last time
Only install the intel drivers once you've rebooted.
run your directx updater and away you go.

Mach5ive

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I uninstalled the display driver and then in safe mode only had one not sure if there was meant to be more. But uninstalled that one too. And then upon restart it auto installed the VGA driver again. And the NVidia drivers wouldn't install :S

Bollokov

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
didst thou install the intel driver first?

i believe that of the 2 gfx devices this one needs to be first as even when using the nvidia device all output from it is piped through the intel device for display.

short method.
drivers out.
clean registry.
install intel, reboot.
install nvidia, reboot.
install latest directx, start gaming.

Mach5ive

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I just tried again,

Uninstall "Intel(R) Graphics Family"
Reboot into Safe Mode