ASUS Q200E won't access heart drive

prettyalmax0

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017
My laptop won't turn on. I plugged the charger and the battery light seems to work but there is another 3 icons that won't . The icon that looks like a cilinder, the icon for the wifi and the icon for a lock won't turn on when I press the power bottom. I read that the icon for the cilinder means that the laptop access the heard drive and when I try to turn on the laptop with the power bottom it light up for a secon like trying to access the heard drive but gen it turns off again . Please help !

Solution
Most likely it's a motherboard issue. You can try removing the battery and wall power and the CMOS battery, then hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, plug in only wall power and see if that works. Keep in mind the CMOS battery is inside the laptop. If that does not work, try different RAM or one RAM stick at a time if the system has two.
Most likely it's a motherboard issue. You can try removing the battery and wall power and the CMOS battery, then hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, plug in only wall power and see if that works. Keep in mind the CMOS battery is inside the laptop. If that does not work, try different RAM or one RAM stick at a time if the system has two.

Solution