ASUS Q550LF won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.

NasonD

Estimable
Oct 17, 2015
Recently while using my laptop, it abruptly shut down. It acted as if the battery had died although I had well over 50% battery. Now when I attempt to start it, I can hear the hard drive engaging and several lights on the front light up, but nothing else happens. The screen doesn't turn on and the usually loud fan doesn't do anything.

I've attempted removing the internal battery and removing the adapter for some time, but I got nothing from that after several attempts. I tried reseating the RAM, and also the checked the cable to the hard drive. Is there anything else I can try?

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps.
- Remove the battery and AC adapter then press hold the power button for 20 seconds, plug just the AC adapter then see if it will boot up normally.
- Reseating RAM (done)
- Connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means it's either the cable connecting it to the motherboard is bad or the actually display.
- Lastly if all these steps doesn't work you may need to contact the manufacturer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps.
- Remove the battery and AC adapter then press hold the power button for 20 seconds, plug just the AC adapter then see if it will boot up normally.
- Reseating RAM (done)
- Connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means it's either the cable connecting it to the motherboard is bad or the actually display.
- Lastly if all these steps doesn't work you may need to contact the manufacturer for a repair if it's still under the factory warranty.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.