Asus Question and something else

ventorsh23

Honorable
Jul 26, 2013
So I'm between buying a Razer blade or the Asus G46VW since the main problem is that they don't sell razers in here. so I guess razer isn't really a choice. What im worried about is the performance
http://www.asus.com/mx/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G46VW/#specifications

here are the specs. and the main difference between normal G46VW would be the fact that it has 3GB in the graphics card as the salesman told me it had an Nvidia and an integrated nvidia which made it 3GB GPU in total. And its intel core i7. The only problem is that its 3rd gen and not 4th gen which worries me that it might affect performance too much.

So do you guys recommend this as a "replacement" for razer?

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
If you're willing to spend that kind of money to get a Razer blade, have you looked at the MSI GS70? (Assuming you were interested in the thin-ness of the blade but want similar specs)

As for the 3rd gen vs 4th Gen i7, the performance difference between the two is not huge, but that being said, the 4th Gen intel does have some better power optimizations on their mobile processors for battery life. If you're interested in a 4th gen ASUS laptop, go for the G750JX . Comes with a 4th gen i7 and a GTX 770 (instead of a 670).