ASUS ROG G73JH issues

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
Hello all :) I have a asus g73jh laptop - Ive upgraded to windows 10 - 12 gb ram and 2 ssd's - my issue is while plugged in battery light flashes - did the calibration 10 times - still does it - second it will not power up if unplugged - gets to windows logo and shuts off - any help would be helpfull. plugged in no issues besides batt light flashes green orange - says full batt not charging.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to do a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug the AC adapter then power it on, once in the desktop screen put the battery back in and see if it will stay on with just the charger connected.
- If it will not work uninstall/reinstall the "microsoft acpi-compliant control method battery" from Device Manager.
- Once uninstalled, just reboot the laptop and it should reinstall automatically.
- If all these will not work then I would suggest replacing the battery itself since the AC adapter does work fine without the battery and it still power the laptop with no problem.

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014

Estimable
Aug 10, 2014
Ok - I did all except device manager - Ill get back - And ty for the info - Also batt is new but aftermarket :( No still wont power up - gets to asus boot icon then shuts off.