ASUS ROG GL551J graphics lag

Flurger

Estimable
Nov 6, 2015
So I have had this laptop since like July/August 2015 brand new from Best Buy. It has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M graphics card and 16 gigabytes of RAM. I downloaded the most recent graphics driver, which helped a little, but it is still bad. I have always had some random problems with the laptop, from the graphics card not running optimally, unable to install a graphics driver because of excess clutter, overheating, and now this. I honestly am thinking about just returning it, but I can't because it was expensive and way past return date. I also don't know if I have a warranty or not on it. This graphics lag started within the last week for some really unknown reason. Like, it started Tuesday or Wednesday, and it is now Friday. When nothing is going on in a game like League of Legends and my character is just standing there, I get close to 100 fps. As soon as something happens, it drops almost immediately to around 30-40 fps with lag spikes where the video altogether just stops for a second, then starts up again. I have had problems with random crashing as well (not caused by overheating since I have a cooling pad). I also used to be able to get 300 fps on Minecraft, but now it is about 5-20 fps, varying drastically. Even while typing this I had a lag spike where the video stopped for a few seconds, then started again. I recently downloaded a DPC Latency Checker and I am at almost a constant 1100 microseconds, whatever that means, with a spike around 10000 microseconds. It is almost unplayable and unusable right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!