Solved! ASUS ROG STRIX GL753V - Bezel popping out?

Oct 30, 2021
Hello! Last night when I decided to use my gaming laptop once again, the bezel is popped out and it seems like the won't clip into place. Both sides are loose however while the right side clips back just fine, the left side would just pop out once you press on it. How could I fix this problem? Why is it not clipping back? Do I buy a bezel replacement or is the issue more severe than a mere replacement?

View: https://imgur.com/a/tezkLvg

Solution
This computer took a hit whether you swear it did or not. And yes, it will likely require you to disassemble it to the point
of removing the the screen to do it right, because you don't know whether the broken thin plastic clips are on the thin bezel, or the thicker back (top) side.
May be a big job, especially if you have not done something like this before. If you do try, the air is getting dry....... ground the computer frame and yourself, or risk
blowing up (god-only-knows what part of the motherboard) just by touching it while charged with static you don't even know you have on you.
YES, that is a real thing. IF you decide to try disassemble, You MUST GET A Grounding kit -- buy one...

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
This computer took a hit whether you swear it did or not. And yes, it will likely require you to disassemble it to the point
of removing the the screen to do it right, because you don't know whether the broken thin plastic clips are on the thin bezel, or the thicker back (top) side.
May be a big job, especially if you have not done something like this before. If you do try, the air is getting dry....... ground the computer frame and yourself, or risk
blowing up (god-only-knows what part of the motherboard) just by touching it while charged with static you don't even know you have on you.
YES, that is a real thing. IF you decide to try disassemble, You MUST GET A Grounding kit -- buy one locally, Or from China cheaper. It's insurance against big damage.
For god's sake don't let your cat touch the computer. NOT kidding.
Check You tube, they MAY have instructions for your computer.

I'll be honest, damage like that is notoriously hard to repair, and if your not VERY careful or have the hands of a Sturgeon (yes, the fish), you may break more plastic tabs taking it apart. (or electronics) Putting back together is easier. If your not an electronic Sturgeon, (surgeon) bring it to a shop, or live with it as is.

Reactions: dreyersnestle
Solution

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Uh, yeah, now that I see the pic, the screen is irreparable, you would have to buy a new one. You may find a used top of the computer (they do sell them for damage of just this type) on Ebay, buying new would be too expensive to bother.
Unless this was a joke post and I fell for it.