Question Asus RoG Zephyrus GU603H M16 Laptop Stops Charging playing games

Oct 18, 2021
I just got this laptop from Best Buy and when I am teleporting to Magic Find in Diablo 2 Res, or when playing New World; the laptop stops charging and changes power modes. I can unplug the charger from power source, then plug it back up and it will switch back to performance mode and continue charging. When playing without charger plugged in, the graphics and fps greatly suffer. I bought a bangin laptop and expect to be able to play the games that it is capable of playing but have not been able to. Also, my 14 day return window from best buy just closed. I thought I may come on here and ask before diving into the BIOS troubleshooting instructions that ASUS emailed me when I reached out to them. Someone please help!! I know you guys are super smart and hope someone has a solution.

I would advise you to try what Asus suggested. They are the most knowledgeable about their laptop. Also, I would expect that the machine is still under warranty although sending it in would entail a few weeks without the machine. Try the Asus suggestions first please!

Oct 25, 2021
I am also experiencing the same issue. Charges fine when I use a usb c charger. I contacted ASUS and all their troubleshooting did no help. In the end I was asked to RMA the device along with the charger as they are not able to figure out whether it’s the device or the charger. Haven’t sent it in yet, will update when I get it back from them.