Asus s400ca laptop ''plugged in, not charging'' only charges when off or asleep

Guilhermeubuntu

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Well, I have a Asus S400CA and mine suddenly starts with this problem last night (dont know what just happened).
I have ubuntu 15.10 installed alongside windows 10 and the problem happens in both systems (energy system icon blinking and blinking...), when i plug the ac adapter the icon of battery starts blinking and saying ''battery plugged in not charging''. i've tried pushing and held the power button for more than 1 minute then released it (my finger hurted tho) then plugged the ac adapter after more than 1 minute but didnt powered up the laptop. Well... when the ac adapter is plugged with energy in the laptop but letting the laptop turned off, the orange led in the case lights up and charges the battery until 100% (when the laptop is powered off only), but when i power on the laptop.. the orange led starts blinking again, sometimes the light disappears or quickly lights up when i spin on the adapter wire then lights off again. I have my laptop since 2014 and the warranty is out now.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help identifying or solving the problem.
- First is to test both the battery and AC adapter.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up.
- If the laptop will boot up with just the AC adapter connected, that means it's working properly.
- But if the laptop will not boot up with just the AC adapter connected then it can be the charger that is faulty.
- Do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Next to try is when the laptop is on, uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager.
- And lastly, again if the laptop will boot up normally with just the AC adapter connected that...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help identifying or solving the problem.
- First is to test both the battery and AC adapter.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then connect just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up.
- If the laptop will boot up with just the AC adapter connected, that means it's working properly.
- But if the laptop will not boot up with just the AC adapter connected then it can be the charger that is faulty.
- Do try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Next to try is when the laptop is on, uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager.
- And lastly, again if the laptop will boot up normally with just the AC adapter connected that could only mean that it's the battery that is faulty.

Solution

Guilhermeubuntu

Commendable
May 18, 2016

Hello,
the battery is sealed into the case, maybe the laptop will power up if i remove this battery?
take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mV5NPp9NY

but i`ll pick some screwdriver and give a try here. Thanks

Guilhermeubuntu

Commendable
May 18, 2016

Guilhermeubuntu

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Hello, i'm sorry that delay.. I could not return here before, but the problem finished after I picked up another ac adapter with same connector type and output settings and did it a test. I also found that a part of my adapter extension was wear and tear but didnt took a attention to it, maybe this was the cause.