Question Asus service center denying warranty

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Hi folks,

To cut a long story short my laptop fx505dy was not booting up and I can feel it's getting hotter middle of the keyboard.
After 2 months (Due to lockdown? I get to service center and they denied my warranty saying it's CID (Consumer Induced Damaged) and somebody used heat gun (don't know what it is) over the motherboard which burned some components. They sent some images which I want to share here but didn't seeing any options
I never opened it I mailed to asus support and awaiting reply for the same.

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Hi all friends,

I explained all points and most importantly focussing on 2 things

Why should I open my new laptop myself or from somebody for repairing the stuff if I already have warranty left.

The burn marks are in the Graphic card region which itself is a thermal part and any malfunction in it leads to severe temperature on its own.

Finally they approved my case and accepted replacement of motherboard.

Thank you all guys for supporting me during the bad phase and giving your valuable advice.

Hi all friends,

I explained all points and most importantly focussing on 2 things

Why should I open my new laptop myself or from somebody for repairing the stuff if I already have warranty left.

The burn marks are in the Graphic card region which itself is a thermal part and any malfunction in it leads to severe temperature on its own.

Finally they approved my case and accepted replacement of motherboard.

Thank you all guys for supporting me during the bad phase and giving your valuable advice.

Nice, glad you are getting your system fixed. When you get it back, test it out well, I did not and a week later found out my speakers did not work, but I was not going to send it back in again for weeks for that, just used external speakers.

Skc7622

Great
Jun 2, 2020
Nice, glad you are getting your system fixed. When you get it back, test it out well, I did not and a week later found out my speakers did not work, but I was not going to send it back in again for weeks for that, just used external speakers.
Well I tested it as per my knowledge when It gets fixed while taking it back from service center.

There also little incident happened :) they forgot to insert 1 x 8 GB RAM. (In system information it was showing only 8 GB but actual was 16 GB before sending it to repairs).

They told that It was inside but actually not displaying here, taken it back to repair room and came up with full memory installed.

I understand ASUS have no fault here but they really need to audit these third parties service centers related to customer experience, specially on how to respond and about these small thefts they do