Asus smart gesture not found

nimskido

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014
[repost] Hi,

I got a new asus x55la and the two finger scrolling does not work anymore. I've looked around and it says to reinstall asus smart gesture but when i downlaod the driver it says it cant install it since there is an existing version so I need to uninstall that first. I go into control panel and find asus smart gesture but there is no icon and clicking on it says: Application not found.

I have no idea what to do.

I cant find Asus smart gesture there at all. There is something called ' Windows Driver Package - ASUS (ATP) Mouse (03/18/2014 6.0.0.35)

Thanks

nimskido

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

I cant find Asus smart gesture there at all. There is something called ' Windows Driver Package - ASUS (ATP) Mouse (03/18/2014 6.0.0.35)

rgd1101

Don't
is this used to be windows 8? upgrade to windows 10?
how new? can you return it?

Can you post a screen shot? not sure what you mean by
"I go into control panel and find asus smart gesture but there is no icon and clicking on it says: Application not found."

nimskido

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

Oh sorry,

When I go into the add or remove programs bit, I cant find anything to do with ASUS at all now. It did come with windows 8 and i upgraded it but this was about a month ago so I cant return it. When I first upgraded, the smart gesture worked for a bit (10 mins or so) and then stopped

nimskido

Estimable
Nov 19, 2014

I believe I've done that and when I try to install it, it says

'Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel '.

I cant find anything else http://imgur.com/ADelQTQ

ujusthavenoidea

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017

TLDR: Run the install_all.bat from the C: >programs x86> asus> smart gesture folder ( May need to attempt to install the latest driver from the website first....)
I found your post because I was also having trouble with Asus Smart Gesture on Windows 10. I tried downloading the latest driver from the website. I "repaired" to no avail, I tried to uninstall using pretty much every method I could think of, I even tried to delete the install folder manually. Even that didn't work. Then I saw a file in the install folder on C: programs x86>asus> smart gesture> install_all.bat. It runs right in command prompt and opens a few different batches in sequence and viola, I have smart gesture in my tray and I can open it. I just hope this helps people in the future with this same/similar issue.

Cnjugaison

Prominent
Jul 30, 2017
Install Asus Smart Gesture. Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUS Smart Gesture right click on install_all.bat choose "Run as administrator". Restart your computer. Now it works.

Oct 16, 2018

Thanks a bunch man. iv been unable to disable my touchpad for about a year now. all i needed to do was run that file as admin. it burns me that i didnt try that