ASUS TP300L weird noises

Asusinator

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
Hello guys,
I was just wondering if anybody has ever encountered the same problem as I. I got this laptop about a year and a half ago and it's been pretty well. But recently it's been making real weird noises. Sometimes the fan just goes full-out for a few minutes and it feels like the laptop is going to explode or something. And other times, it just makes a buzzing sound everytime I'm on it, until i sleep/shut it down of course.
I'm really not sure what to do so I'll appreciate any advice, thanks!

Solution
It sounds like the fan may be going, or at least need the thermal paste replaced. You should check to make sure the laptop isn't over heating. There are a few programs out that that can monitor things. I myself like Speedfan.

If you feel comfortable doing it yourself, you have the option to replace the thermal paste and/or fan on your own. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, then I would suggest contacting a local tech or repair shop.
It sounds like the fan may be going, or at least need the thermal paste replaced. You should check to make sure the laptop isn't over heating. There are a few programs out that that can monitor things. I myself like Speedfan.

If you feel comfortable doing it yourself, you have the option to replace the thermal paste and/or fan on your own. However, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, then I would suggest contacting a local tech or repair shop.

Solution