Asus Transformer Book T100

dumisoft

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I'm about to buy this laptop.
Asus Transformer Book T100

So, I want to know whether this is good or bad.
My objective is to download files. My home internet connection is very slow. So, I have to go to the next town to get good signal. This laptop has a 11 hour batter life. So, it is best for me. Isn't it?
If this laptop has any faults, please let me know.

I appreciate your answers.
Thanks

Depends on what you want to do with it other than downloading from the internet.

While the laptop may be rated for up to 11 hours, the actual battery life will depend on what you are doing. It will not last 11 hours when downloading because the wireless modem is going to be active and the hard drive would be constantly running because you are downloading.

dumisoft

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Oh.. really? But it is ok. At least it will last 7 hours.. :)
You know, I have a question. The one I'm going to buy has 32GB SSD and 500GB HDD. The 500GB HDD is in the keyboard dock. So, I think for windows and programs, I have to use that 32GB storage. Can I download files to the 500GB storage? I think it is possible

I don't know if it will even last 7 if you are continuously downloading. Hard drives can consume a decent amount of power over time. I would recommend you bring allowing the power supply. If the keyboard has an internal hard drive, then as long as the tablet is connected to the keyboard you will be able to access it. It will show up as a separated drive like a "D: Drive".

dumisoft

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
What about programs? I don't know whether I can install programs in to 500GB HDD. But what happes I install program on a 500GB HDD, and then disconnect it? I think it is like installing a program in a external hard drive in desktop PCs.. Isn't it?