Asus Transformer Prime Coming December 8th?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I'm wondering what would happen if I put an unbuntu live install on an SD card and popped it into tablet... would it come up? That would be freaken fantastic. Chip out? Android Tablet. Chip in? Ubuntu!

erinc

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
it will also reportedly be the first tablet capable of running Google's next edition of Android, v4.0 aka "Ice Cream Sandwich."

er no, Google have said that any tablet that can run Honeycomb (Android 3.x) is actually "capable" of running version 4.0 ICS too (without going into the myriad of issues with kernel and driver support).

I think you'll find that the Transformer Prime "may" be the first tablet to get an official vendor-released update to ICS (since it will be shipped with HC 3.2)

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]gps? bluetooth? win7 dual boot? usb3.0? sounds like a fail to me.[/citation]
It has bluetooth and GPS

G

I won't miss not having 3G - I can alwsays wirelessly tether to my cell phone and avoid another monthly bill!

kkcombs

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
[citation][nom]gamerRO25[/nom]how can they sell a mobile internet device that has no 3g? there is no wifi everywere !!! bbuuuoo i will not buy it.[/citation]

Ever hear of tethering?

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
[citation][nom]donovands[/nom]Transformer Prime? Isn't someone going to sue? Will the next version be the ASUS Megatron? (In which case I will be forced to buy it on the awesomeness of its name alone)[/citation]
Megatron should be reserved for Asus' next Transfromer device running Win8

rb420

Distinguished
May 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]While your statement made me laugh, it isnt quite as close as Optimus Prime.[/citation]

No but there is a cartoon currently airing called "transformers: prime" Maybe the "s:" is enough of a difference to not be sued haha

G

I just preordered the 32gb at BestBuy.com.

My receipt says: "Pre-order release date is 12/18/2011."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS