Solved! asus tuf fx705 laggy touchpad

Mar 2, 2020
i just bought this laptop two weeks ago and im still having this issue where my touchpad freezes and i get a choppy movement when i try to move the mouse.
hitting windows key and bringing start menu up seems to fix it but it keeps happening at random times.
and yes, i have the latest bios installed and i tried reinstalling and updating my touchpad driver but nothing worked.
any help ?

Solution
What I was wondering is if it possible it is something installed on the device, not Windows itself, that is the cause. Hence the test in "Safe Mode". Which will not load all the other stuff and only loads limited things. If it doesn't happen there then you know it isn't Windows itself (as that is still basic Windows) but something else running on the device. Something loading when Windows loads perhaps.
Do you get the same issue if you connect an external mouse?

Also, is this a used one or a new one? If new, I would then either return it and have them give you one without issue, or contact the manufacturer about the problem.

If used, then I would either contact the seller to find out if there were problems before (if they will say) or go through process to resolve (as we have started).

You may also want to try going into "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same issue in there. If not, then it may be a software issue.

Mar 2, 2020
Do you get the same issue if you connect an external mouse?

Also, is this a used one or a new one? If new, I would then either return it and have them give you one without issue, or contact the manufacturer about the problem.

If used, then I would either contact the seller to find out if there were problems before (if they will say) or go through process to resolve (as we have started).

You may also want to try going into "Safe Mode" and see if you get the same issue in there. If not, then it may be a software issue.

i should've been more specific. i'm sure it's a software issue because other people reported the same problem and fixed it by reinstalling windows but i'm trying to find a way to fix it without going through the hassle of reinstalling windows because it's not worth it. and no, it doesn't happen when i connect an external mouse.

What I was wondering is if it possible it is something installed on the device, not Windows itself, that is the cause. Hence the test in "Safe Mode". Which will not load all the other stuff and only loads limited things. If it doesn't happen there then you know it isn't Windows itself (as that is still basic Windows) but something else running on the device. Something loading when Windows loads perhaps.

Solution