ASUS UX31A - Battery won't charge / AC Adapter only doesn't work

Jeszer

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hey guys/girls,
need a bit of Info concerning an issue with my Laptop which popped up a few days ago. So my Laptop is about 3 and half years old and I haven't had a similar issue before, then a few days ago it didn't want to turn on. I started charging it and turned it on, it then stayed on for say 20 sec before it turned off again. Tried it again and it stayed on for less than 20 sec and so on - it didn't seem to be charging and if very very slowly. I kept it charging for a while (6 hours, normally it takes 2-3 h for a full charge, when not in use (charging light is on)) and could turn it on - the battery was at about 30% and was draining at normal rate.
After that I tried to only use the AC Adapter and plugged out the battery. This doesn't do anything though, the light shows that it is plugged, but the Laptop won't power up.

There seems to be a problem between AC Adapter/Jack and motherboard or only motherboard, slowing the charge rate. Or something else?

Has someone experienced similiar problems and knows of a vunerable spot, where I could check first? I'm not super experienced with hardware..

If there are any further questions to the problem, just ask! Could really use some help :)

harjit1975

Commendable
Aug 29, 2016
Hi i am having the same issue with ASUZ K72J, laptop is not charging when the battery is removed, some time its work but will goes off after 2 to 3 mins.

When the battery is inserted, its not charging. but does it does work..