Asus UX430UAR laptop battery drain problem.

HandsomeBannana

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
I have a asus UX430UAR laptop. I have noticed that when it is sleeping, it drains alot of battery. when i first got it i went to bed while the laptop was at 70% and in sleep mode. when i woke up the next morning the battery was completely drained. I have not noticed any program/task running in the background that could be possibly using all that battery.

Most of the "battery drains when laptop is sleeping" problems I've seen are actually due to the laptop waking itself up from sleep for some reason, then staying on until the battery is drained. You can usually tell this has happened because the laptop will remain warm for a short while after it finishes draining the battery.

Unfortunately, fixing it involves tracking down what program or service is waking it from sleep. And I haven't had much success at that. The easiest one was a wireless USB laptop mouse which would wake the laptop from sleep when moved. That's the behavior you want when you've stepped away from the desk long enough for the laptop to go to sleep. Not the behavior you want when the laptop is in your backpack, and the mouse bouncing around inside turns itself on and triggers the laptop to wake from sleep.

HandsomeBannana

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017

Well I don't have a wireless mouse, but just last night the battery drain was less, around 20%. its been like this for a couple days but it's still quite a bit. Thanks for answering/commenting! :)

Nov 18, 2018

Did you ever solve this problem? I'm having the same issue with my Asus model, same as yours. I've changed my settings to hibernate, rather than sleep. I'll see if that helps, but I hate having the sleep-battery drain issue. Thank you! Hope you can help...Mary Ann

nevinb

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
I have the same issue. Used to have my laptop goto sleep if i closed the lid (now i shut it down). Then when I goto use it a day or 2 later it is almost dead. This is BS. My wife's laptop (a lower model ASUS) can go many days in sleep without even close to the same drain. Super annoying and makes me regret my purchase. Also, speaking of battery life - the Windows battery gage seems to be out of wack when checking battery life on this thing. One minute it will say 87% (5 1/2 hours) and the next it will say 3 hours left...so I never know how much time I really have. Anyone have that issue?