Asus vivobook pro tends to heat a lot when gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpeteamd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
My laptop specs:
Model: N580v notebook pc
Cpu: i7 7th gen 2.8GHz
Gpu: gtx 1050
Ram: 16gb
My question is, does vivobook pro tends to heat a lot near the area where the video card is located during gaming sessions? I tried playing counter strike global offensive and after a few minutes in game it is starting to get hotter,
I've read some articles/blogs and they said that vivobook pro have a quality cooling system, but mine seems to have a problem?

Ps: this laptop is just days old on my hands, bought as a brand new.

cJrTrR

Image link: https://ibb.co/cJrTrR
Edit: added image for the laptop temp

gpeteamd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

I can't seem to find the upload image on my mobile phone. I uploaded the image online, here is the link, https://ibb.co/cJrTrR,
Can you please take a look at this one?

Well I looked at it, but it is giving a variety of temps. What I need to know is what temp is it getting to that makes you think it is high. So when playing the game, after whatever amount of time, what is the temp? No image needed. Just need the number and if C or F.

gpeteamd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

The image I added on the post has the temperature of the laptop while playing and while Idle.
After almost 10 mins of playing csgo(very high settings), cpu temp can reach 91c, gpu max temp at 78c, and motherboard max temp at 88c. Note, this is max temp, not average temp, the software I am using does not seem to give me average temps.

gpeteamd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

I searched for the average temps while gaming, and these numbers are making me worried, because I just bought it last week, maybe the fan i not working well?

gpeteamd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

As I played for 30 mins on very high settings in cs go, my cpu temp got a peak of 97c, and my gpu to 80c. Is this not normal?

gpeteamd

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

Yes, I think so to, thank you for responding :) much appreciated. I will just get this laptop checked at the store where I bought it. Hope everything will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.