Question ASUS Vivobook s15 s530FN Upgraded from Edless to Win10 and touchpad and FN keys stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2019
Hey, new laptop came with endless, so i popped a genuine windows ISO in there, installed it smooth and mostly everything is fine, but the touchpad is not working anymore, and FN keys are not responding either, i cant seem to install the precition Touchpad driver, as it gives me an "installer package error" or something along those lines.

Any help would be apreciated

Try the following and see if it fixes it...

First try hitting F6. On some devices this key turns the touchpad off/on.

Should that not work, then try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
  2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
  3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
  4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
  5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
  6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
  7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".

Also, you might want to check for updates to your drivers, including the Synaptics driver (if your device uses one).

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.

Mar 27, 2019
Try the following and see if it fixes it...

First try hitting F6. On some devices this key turns the touchpad off/on.

Should that not work, then try...

1. Go into "Control Panel".
  2. Click "Hardware and Sound".
  3. Now click "Mouse and Touchpad".
  4. Now go to "Additional mouse options".
  5. The Mouse Properties window will open. In here click on your device.
  6. Make sure your device is set to enabled. If it isn't then click "Enable Device".
  7. Exit both that screen and "Control Panel".
Also, you might want to check for updates to your drivers, including the Synaptics driver (if your device uses one).

If this does not help, and an external mouse works fine, then it may well be a hardware issue.

Mouse isnt recognized in devices, nor does it appear in any controll panel. When first booted up with Endless OS, mouse was working fine. External mouse works without issue aswell

Mar 27, 2019
For those of you in the future reading this, i managed to get it working by downloading driver booster and letting it do its thing

good luck everyone

Mar 27, 2019
you mean you didn't first go download driver from the manufacturer

I did, it was the first thing i went for, but as mentioned, it gives me an installer error everytime i run the driver setup

Mar 27, 2019
The driver it installed, was it actually one for that version of Windows or did it install something else?

I mean, it installed a correct driver in terms of OS, but it wasnt the official asus one. In the device manager it doesnt show up as a touch pad but rather as another mouse for some reason? But all the gestures and stuff seem to be in order so no complaints there

Status
Not open for further replies.