ASUS vs ASUS. Which should I get?

Solution

I'll pick the 2 TB for your laptop,cause you will be using it for years and for games right?so that means you will be needing big storage for those,so 2TB HDD's all the way in my opinion.

Smilee

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014

Well from what I have been looking at, although I have no real knowledge there are some differences.
The Tigerdirect one is ROG which uses Haswell with the processor. Not sure what the difference really is.
The newegg seems to have more memory by 4 GB and harddrive capacity by 500 GB which is a bonus to that.

Of course there is also a price difference making the newegg link more viable.

What is the Haswell going to do for the other laptop? Having a rough time actually picking which one to go with. Need more in depth reasoning to help me understand :p

Smilee

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
Yeah I was thinking same. Last thing. Newegg doesn't list it as ROG but isn't the G750 series itself actually RoG?
I'm not the best with this, but I'm just making the assumption now that it is in fact sitll a ROG and has Haswell so it is all in all a better laptop haha.

Smilee

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
Last concern. Refurbished. Is this bad? Thew newegg's is refurbished. $1,699.99 on sale for $1369.99.
Future shop is selling the same laptop for $1,499.99 (flat price no sale).
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/asus-asus-17-3-laptop-black-intel-core-i7-4700hq-2tb-hdd-16gb-ram-windows-8-g750jw-rb71-cb/10256772.aspx

Which would be factory new. Which is better to do? (Wont have money till the 14th so have time to be waiting and figuring things out).

And it has no SSD. Which I'm reading improves loading times and so forth which makes an SSD card more important than a 1tb drive. Not sure what I'm doing.

Maybe this laptop isn't the best option? Lmao.

Trave

Honorable
May 22, 2013
yes the Tigerdirect is a 1080p but he can't run all games in a nice settings if he have a 1080 native resolution and that mean he need to lower down the screen resolution lower than its native resolution which would make it unattractive,while in 900p he can go much higher settings than the 1080p and just go with the native resolution which would make it nice to play.

Sorry for my english not my first language.

Smilee

Estimable
Mar 1, 2014
I've been seeing laptops having either 500GB HDD + 256GB SSD, 2TB (1TB x 2) HDD's. (Then there's also the average junk plain 1TB HDD's).

Which is better? The 2TB HDD's or the 500GB HDD + 256GB SSD?

Obviously my instinct is that the 2TB HDD is better. Sure SSD will give faster loads n whatnot, but the pure amount of the HDD makes me lean towards that.

Input?

Trave

Honorable
May 22, 2013

I'll pick the 2 TB for your laptop,cause you will be using it for years and for games right?so that means you will be needing big storage for those,so 2TB HDD's all the way in my opinion.

Trave

Honorable
May 22, 2013

Solution