ASUS Wrong Model Question

Oct 21, 2018
So, I recently found an ASUS laptop for sale at my local bargain store where they sell overstock and out of season items for cheap. I found an unboxed 15.6in ASUS Vivobook Pro N580VD-DB74T for sale for a great price so I brought it home. After booting it up and installing all the updates, I got to looking at the specs. According to the system settings, it has a i7-6500 processor and a GeForce 940M graphics card. This is way different than the i7-7700 and the GTX 1050 that was advertised when I looked up the model. In fact, these specs come straight from an X555UB model that came out a few years ago. The casing and advertising on it are obviously for a Vivobook Pro (including model number and the stickers on the front clearly displaying Vivobook Pro) but obviously that isn't true. Any thoughts? Is this some elaborate scam or a previous customer tinkering with the device? Or could this be some cheaper version I cannot find online? I'm more curious than anything now. Any help would be appreciated!

Seems like the stickers were from a different model. If the full model number matched, it should be that same model number. I did a web search and can't find any version of that model number with a 940M. I'd bring it back and point out to them the stickers don't match the specs.