Asus x205t won't power up!

poweredup

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
Hello,

I have an asus x205t and it won't power up. I've tried resetting the inbuilt battery as per the instructions I read on several sites including this one but to no avail. With the battery connected and the AC adapter connected the battery light indicator used to be a solid green and even then it never powered up. I decided to unplug the charger for a day and plugged it back in and now the battery charger indicator light flashes orange. I decided to unplug the battery and leave the tablet connected to the AC adapter only and all I see is the battery charger flashing orange now. What exactly is going on with this laptop? Is it a fault adapter or a fault battery? What I don't understand is if it's either one of them then how come did the indicator lights work appropriately. IF the adapter didn't work there shouldn';t be any power at all, correct? but there is. Not entirely sure if the battery is holding a decent charge but it did before I completely unplugged the AC adapter for a day till the battery drained. I have no idea why this tablet won't power up. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Solution
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2810810/asus-x205ta-turn.html (just if someone wants to know the link)

Did you push the power button while the ac charger and the battery was disconnected? Do this really long, to be sure all capacities are cleared. Like 1 minute, be sure the button is pushed all the time.

After that plugin the battery and ac charger again, push the power button really long again.

Battery, RAM or motherboard itself could be faulty.
If the green LED was showing up, while the battery was in, I don´t think the AC Charger is faulty.
http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2810810/asus-x205ta-turn.html (just if someone wants to know the link)

Did you push the power button while the ac charger and the battery was disconnected? Do this really long, to be sure all capacities are cleared. Like 1 minute, be sure the button is pushed all the time.

After that plugin the battery and ac charger again, push the power button really long again.

Battery, RAM or motherboard itself could be faulty.
If the green LED was showing up, while the battery was in, I don´t think the AC Charger is faulty.

Solution