ASUS X502C Can't change settings in BIOS

schristopher0815

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
I looked at this post...
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2259602/asus-x502c-boot-usb-wont-change-settings.html?xtor=EREC-8889

but that is not quite my issue.

My brother is handicapped and he has an ASUS X502C.

Everything was running well until one morning he pressed the power button, and the following message came up...

Recovery
Your PC needs to be repaired.
The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.

File: \BCD
Error code: 0xc000000d

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC Manufacturer.

When the power button is pressed, No Logo / Splash screen appears. It immediately goes to that error.

So, I have a bootable USB thumb drive. I power the computer off, insert the drive, and turn the power back on, and it immediately goes back to the same message.

I try to get into the BIOS, and before it comes up, it asks for a password, I press enter (because I don't have a password for the BIOS, and never have I used a password on a BIOS). It opens the BIOS, but when I go to the boot tab, everything is grayed out, showing I can't change the settings. It's like this on every tab. The boot tab shows that Fast Boot is Enabled.

I have tried everything that I know of to fix this.

Does anyone have any ideas that I can try?

Thanks for any help you can give me!!!!!!

OH! By the way, I talked with ASUS, and they said they could fix it, but it would cost a minumum of $335 and probably more to fix it. :fou:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 0
Adhary Laptop Tech Support 0
MetaAzulf Laptop Tech Support 4
Ravshan Laptop Tech Support 1
skoochie Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 0
T Laptop Tech Support 1
Uditbh Laptop Tech Support 0
dclxvi13 Laptop Tech Support 2