Asus x53e motherboard

Chris_7

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
My laptop is the asus x53e intel core i5. I have brought it in to a repair shop to fix the broken power input, it worked for a couple of months but now it's not working again. I want to replace the motherboard and cpu instead of bringing it for repairs again and i was wondering if i could switch out the motherboard and cpu for a different one entirely or if i had to get the same one again? the old one you would plug it in and it wouldn't charge and a new cable wouldn't work. And if you can switch it out is there any that you know of that are compatible.
thanks for any help.

Solution
Again, you're dealing with power and thermal limitations. Assuming you even can install a different processor, it would need to be equal to or less power demanding and have an equal or lower TDP.

-Wolf sends
I'm not sure it's even possible as not only do you need to be concerned with power and thermal design limitations, you would also need to make sure the new motherboard conforms with the old laptop case specifications and orientation. Do the USB, audio, and external VGA ports line up?

I would say it is very much not worth the effort trying to find a completely different motherboard that may or may not be compatible with the laptop case. Your best bet would be to take it back and get it repaired again. It could just be a poor soldering job or they may be able to replace the motherboard for you (with an identical one).

-Wolf sends

Chris_7

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

what if i got the same motherboard but replaced the cpu is that possible?