Solved! ASUS X555l Original Drivers.

Jan 28, 2021
Hi, I have the computer described above, so with the following hardware components: CPU i5-4210 1.70GHz to 2.40GHz, GPU Nvidia GeForce 840M, RAM 12Gb (upgraded from the original 8GB) DDR3, Sonic Master sound card. The laptop was bought in 2015. The problem is that if I download the new drivers the results are terrible. For example with a modern GPU driver the video games run horribly... If I try an older one instead, the performance improves a lot. So what I would need here, would be a complete download list of the latest certified drivers for this laptop model. Thank you.

the latest certified drivers can be found here (very old)
https://www.asus.com/Laptops/For-Home/ASUS-Laptop/ASUS-X555/helpdesk_knowledge

where do you download the new drivers? Did you update the chipset, graphics and intel management drivers from intel as well as the mobile 840m geforce driver from nvidia?
Be sure the games will run with the "high performance" geforce card instead of the intel onboard graphics

Solution
Hi, I have the computer described above, so with the following hardware components: CPU i5-4210 1.70GHz to 2.40GHz, GPU Nvidia GeForce 840M, RAM 12Gb (upgraded from the original 8GB) DDR3, Sonic Master sound card. The laptop was bought in 2015. The problem is that if I download the new drivers the results are terrible. For example with a modern GPU driver the video games run horribly... If I try an older one instead, the performance improves a lot. So what I would need here, would be a complete download list of the latest certified drivers for this laptop model. Thank you.

For laptops in many cases it's better to use the drivers provided by the laptop vendor, not the latest drivers from the actual hardware maker. Use the drivers from Asus support.