ASUS X75A1 Stuck in BIOS after updating BIOS

Cmoor

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015
I am trying to get a friends laptop back to working order. Not too old of a laptop, probably manufactured roughly 2012 and came with Win 8 and was downgraded to Win 7 (can you blame them?) since then the laptops mouse pad has stopped working, in device manager it would have a yellow explanation mark next to the device, ASUS Touch Pad. Assuming this means it is connected but something is wrong. Most likely compatibility issue. So they had ran a BIOS update through the BIOS menu upon startup through the BIO's Easy Flash. Not quite sure if it matters or not where the updated file comes from or being loaded from, but it was updated to the latest BIOS version through a flash drive. After doing so it keeps going back to BIOS after saving and exiting. I see no boot options other through through the flash drive but only when it is plugged in. When the flash drive is plugged in it gives the option to boot through the flash drive but unfortunately thats it. It also give the option to create a boot option. From what I have tried, it does not load anything from the hard drive, which was working before hand and works on other computers (tested it on my pc). So the main question is, what can I do to fix this. I tried loading the same BIOS update through the hard drive, that I downloaded onto from my computer, and it only says that it is too old of an update. I cannot revert to default setup either, it just stays the same. Thanks in advance for any information!

UPDATE: Fixed the BIOS stuck issue. I had turned CMO (probably wrong with that) from enabled to disabled and then disabled secure boot from the security menu on the BIOS and it somehow fixed it. Guess thats what happens when start turning nobs and pressing buttons randomly.

Hi,

First, you could have fixed the Touchpad driver issue by downloading and install the it's driver from Asus support site. Did you get the BIOS update from Asus support site as well? Because if not you may need to reflash it's BIOS to it's original version so you can fix that.
- Try resetting BIOS first, remove the CMOS battery for couple of seconds and put it back after.
- If that doesn't fix the issue do reflash BIOS to it's original version.
- Here's the link where you can download it from.
https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/182/0/2/Z3KNfe885nkuPZdu/30/

Cmoor

Estimable
Oct 20, 2015

That is the exact site the BIOS update came from. I used update version 412. The laptop is a bit difficult to take apart safely. I made an attempt to get t the battery but even after unscrewing everything, visually, i was not able to disassemble it completely. I might be able to reach the battery if i pull the thing apart wide enough but even so, I don't know if I would be able to get the battery back into place. And like I said before about downgrading the BIOS version, it would not let me downgrade. It gave me a warning saying that it is too old of a BIOS version and doesn't do anything after that.