asus xonar u 7(rear/side/center speakers work only while testing during 7.1 configuration )

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenmack76

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
Can someone help me here please. All speakers working when i test the under 7.1 configuration in windows. Also in the software sonic studio pro all the 7 speakers incluing subwoofer work when i click on the speakers. But when i play a music or any sound from any other source like you tube, movies etc only front speakers(L/R) and sub woofer works .The center , side and rear speakers dont work at all. There is no sound l .I also tested some 7.1 channel and dolby /Digital audio files(assuming that may be the audio files i was playing were only 2 channel /stereo) but still no use only front left and right work . I have connected this to a creative inspire 7.1 surround system. The front L/R are connected via RCA to 3.5 mm going to green jack saying front in the sub. Rest of the sound card jacks( REAR/CENTER/SIDE) are connected via 3.5 mm cables to the respective jacks(REAR/CENTER/SIDE) on the sub.

goldenmack76

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
Rear speakers and side speakers ad center speaker work during sound test but not otherwise. The driver software sonic studio pro from ASUS for xonar 7 (64 bit) does not have the speaker fill option like the realtek audio managers so no speaker fill option

goldenmack76

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
Finally i got all speakers to work when i play via vlc media player by enabling dolby feaure in both vlc as well as asus xonar software

I guess i was playing stereo files but its very bad i have to use vlc player everytime which converts stereo to dolby surround . Asus xonar should have the feature .Or am i not seeing those settings in asus xonar software ?????

how can i play stereo sources in all 7 speakers directly from browser via youtube or any other site.

only my front speakers work if i dont use vlc media player

goldenmack76

Estimable
Sep 3, 2015
i found a solution the flash players in fire fox browser upmixes stereo in to dolby surround and hence all 7 speakers work but chrome doesnt do that

also in the media players, dolby surround has to be enabled . Too bad no speaker fill or stereo upmixing feature in asus xonar u7 drivers

also i tried the modded unified drivers for asus xonar which has stereo upmixing feature but they dont support u7.

hope this will help people having problems with asus xonar u7

May 31, 2020
Can someone help me here please. All speakers working when i test the under 7.1 configuration in windows. Also in the software sonic studio pro all the 7 speakers incluing subwoofer work when i click on the speakers. But when i play a music or any sound from any other source like you tube, movies etc only front speakers(L/R) and sub woofer works .The center , side and rear speakers dont work at all. There is no sound l .I also tested some 7.1 channel and dolby /Digital audio files(assuming that may be the audio files i was playing were only 2 channel /stereo) but still no use only front left and right work . I have connected this to a creative inspire 7.1 surround system. The front L/R are connected via RCA to 3.5 mm going to green jack saying front in the sub. Rest of the sound card jacks( REAR/CENTER/SIDE) are connected via 3.5 mm cables to the respective jacks(REAR/CENTER/SIDE) on the sub.

Hello,
i recently bougt Xonar u7 MKII and had the same problems. I have Genius 5050 5.1 speakers connected to it.
So i installed Equalizer APO with Peace plugin, now everything works and sound is great.
This is in my configuration file:
Device: all
Stage: pre-mix
# do upmixing
If: inputChannelCount == 2
Copy: MUP=0.5L+0.5R
Copy: C=MUP
Copy: SUB=MUP
Copy: RL=L
Copy: RR=R
Channel: L R C RL RR
Filter: ON HP Fc 100 Hz
Channel: SUB
Filter: ON LP Fc 100 Hz
EndIf:
For 7.1 you can just add
Copy: SL=L
Copy: SR=R
This upmixes stereo input to all speakers with bass redirection, but your 5.1 sources remain untouched.
So youtube,mp3's... plays on all speakers and you can watch movies and play games in true surround.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.