Asus xonar u5 - 5.1 speaker problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhdigg

Commendable
Dec 14, 2016
I've bought an asus xonar u5 external sound card with a genius sw hf 4500 5.1 set a few days ago, but I can't get 5.1 surround sound on any media files even with 6 channel audio without enabling the upmix option in the sonic studio (utility software for xonar card).

The speaker set hasn't got optic outlet so it's hooked with 3x rca-jack cables to the sound card, appropriately, I checked. I even switched cables. I set the right options in playback devices and I can even hear all the speakers during the tests (both in playback devices and in the focus studio).

My issue with upmix is I get all the speakers going but when it's on I have this strange, distortion like noise in the background, which can be heard mostly during a bgm in a movie for example. When I turn upmix off it's only 2.0.

The last resolution I tried was uninstalling the driver and installing an older version of it, but now the upmix (called virtual sound in the older driver) option is grayed out in 5.1 so I can't even turn that on.

Anyone have any idea what the issue can be?

Status
Not open for further replies.