Asus Zenbook Ux305LA shuts off

May 14, 2018
hi, 2 years back i bought an asus zenbook ux305la for school. since a couple weeks i have had an issue with the laptop. when i don't charge it it will stay on for 1-20 minutes. but then the laptop just shuts down. when i try to turn it on, multiple things can happen:
1 it doesnt boot. the lights show it's trying to turn on for 4 seconds but dies. i have tried all of the buttons but no response.
2 it boots for 10 seconds. it barely reaches the "asus in search of incredible" and then turns off. also here i have tried every button, no response

It only boots and runs kind of good when i charge the laptop. when i put in the charger it just does it by itself, leads me straight to the log in screen of windows 10. it takes a little longer than normal.

a few things i have tried:
press every button in situation 1
press every button in situation 2
change the time when the hard disk turns off to 0/never on both power plans. didnt work
change the time when the hard disk turns off to 9999999 on both power plans. didnt work

a little thing to mention is that i accidentally dropped my laptop a couple weeks before the problems occurred. only left a medium dent to the left back (when closed!!) corner of the cover/screen housing.

can someone please help me. i am really limited now to how to use my laptop. i cant take it on trips and it really frustrates me. for everyone who tries/tried to help me, thanks in advance!

May 14, 2018

yeah thats one of the things i thought of at first. i'll see what other people say. thanks for the reply.

Jan 16, 2019

Hi! I am having the same problem. Did you found put which the solution was?