ASUS ZenBook UX32A POS

zizziz99

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
I need to install windows 7 from a thumbdrive. Just wasted hours online trying to find out how to get this POS laptop to boot from a thumbdrive. Well the BIOS is missing every single option I need to make it work. No fastboot, no launch csm, no secure boot, nothing nothing and nothing. It will not boot nor can I configure it to boot off a thumbdrive. No dvd drive. Useless laptop I can't believe it was even made. How am I supposed to install an OS on it now?

Hi,

Please do try these steps that may help.
- First is to plug in the USB driver.
- Next is to load BIOS by pressing ESC or F2.
- Go to Boot tab and Disable Fastoot.
- Press F10 to save and exit.
- While the laptop is booting up repeatedly press on ESC or F2 again.
- In the Boot tab your USB driver should now be listed. Do change the order being the USB drive as the first boot device.
- Press F10 to save and exit again.

zizziz99

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
let me highlight an important piece of information you missed when reading my problem.

No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot, No fastboot,

thanks

According to the screenshots from ASUS support site, secure boot is in the "Security" tab in the BIOS, the others are in the Boot tab. If you don't have those options, contact ASUS support and see what they say. Support page for that laptop and this video shows the options you are looking for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4dfWfh6QOQ

Why can't you use the recovery partition? F9 at bootup.

zizziz99

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
F9 Brings up a menu choice one is windows 7, which is the current failed installation, the other option is memory check. For some reason it can't read the hidden partitions. I know they are there because when I did the flash bios to v216 it sees them and I can see the directories. Believe me, all of the things they say to do I can't because I have none of the options, in bios, to do it. About to just throw it in the garbage at this point.