Asus Zenbook Wi-Fi Not Working After Windows Reset

GMPoisoN

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I recently wiped my Windows 8.1 Asus Zenbook UX302la, the wifi button is no longer lighting up when I press fn + f2. The whole keyboard function bar wasn't working so I re installed drivers, the rest of the buttons work now (volume buttons) but the WiFi button never lights up. Any ideas?

GMPoisoN

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Also, I can detect networks, and no problems with my network card in Device Manager, I just can't connect to anything and the LED isn't lit up on my keyboard for wifi.

GMPoisoN

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Drivers/Software that comes with what, the laptop? If so, I just did a complete nuke on the drive and re installed Windows, and have yet to scan for/do any Windows Updates, it just started happening after I wiped my drive.

k1114

Distinguished
You should get everything up to date first then come back here if you have issues still. The asus site has all the drivers for everything and is showing 2 drivers for wifi, the actual driver and some other control which maybe the button. https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX302LA/HelpDesk_Download/

GMPoisoN

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I got those drivers including some others ones which made the rest of the function row of my keyboard work (volume/screen brightness buttons), yet when I hit the wifi button it never illuminates. So strange.